Bahai inspired life coaching

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

God Centred Baha'i-Inspired Life Coaching


In the Bahá'í Writings, we are told that our purpose in life is to know God, and to worship Him (we remind ourselves of this every day when we say the short obligatory prayer. But how can we keep this at the forefront of our day?

Here is something I do: Before I get out of bed in the morning, I take a moment to appreciate the day ahead of me, and to remember who is in charge. I determine to make my behaviour today, better than yesterday, and I turn my day over to God, so that my movement and my stillness is wholly directed by Him. My heart is sanctified from everything except God and I take care to put Him ahead of all else at all times and under all conditions. I don't pretend to know where my life will take me next, nor do I inquire or seek to know. I am in the flow of life and comfortable with the blessings which flow my way. I ask God daily to guide my steps aright through His inspiration, and am assured that every move I make is in accordance with Divine wisdom.

What do you do, to stay centre your life on God? Post your comments here:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a favorite prayer, which I first found in a tiny 3" x 4.5" prayer booklet, "Communion With God" ( C 1950 NSA / USA), and which I just looked up in Ocean, so here is a cut & paste of it:

I implore Thee, O my Lord, by Thy name the splendors of which have encompassed the earth and the heavens, to enable me so to surrender my will to what Thou hast decreed in Thy Tablets, that I may cease to discover within me any desire except what Thou didst desire through the power of Thy sovereignty, and any will save what Thou didst destine for me by Thy will.

(Baha'u'llah, Prayers and Meditations by Baha'u'llah, p. 241)